Wedding Cake Ideas
Wedding cakes used to be served as goodl uck to the couple and guests, but in recent times it is used more as a centre piece and for the 'cutting of the cake' photos and more than often the cake is not served to the guests. It has only one tier of actual cake and is saved for the couple.
There are some fantastic creations out there and i look in amazement at the work that has gone into make them and the detail involved.
Here are our top ten finds, but we could have easily made this our top 50.
1) Photos - Show you favourite photos on your wedding cake and create a love story
2) Flowers and Lace - Romantic and beautiful with real and decorated lace and finished with flowers
3) Crystal Droplets - A dramatic wedding cake with crystal droplet decorations to bring a real wow factor
4) Alice in Wonderland - A popular wedding theme with a cake to match
5) Brooch - Lots of sparkle using a trail of diamante and pearl brooch embellishments.
6) Handpainted - The detail on this cake is amazing and the final look is stunning.
7) Macaroon Tower - Not sure about a traditional wedding cake, then go for a tower of macaroons
8) Open Wedding Cake - Like a traditional wedding cake but your budget doesn't allow for the elaborate decoration, then go for an open wedding cake.
9) Wedding Dress - This cake must have taken hours to complete, the detail is amazing.
10) Super Hero - Having a superhero themed wedding, then this is the perfect wedding cake to match.